LEVEL 2 and 3
This week we have been practising listening / video comprehension and reading skills for our assessment task next week (interpreting information texts). Watch the Worksafe video above. Think about the CONTEXT, PURPOSE, TONE, INFORMATION (it is presenting), MESSAGE and your OPINION about it.
Do you remember the meanings of the words?
Match the words and the meanings below:
1. What you personally think of the text, story, article or video?
2. The feeling of the text - serious / fun / educative / comical / ironic
3. What the text is trying to do eg. warn us about danger, help us to understand something better, make us laugh.
4. The facts and ideas a text give us
5. A strong idea or piece of advice eg. Be careful when using machinery or power tools, do this or that to avoid problems.
6. What is this text? eg. a TV commercial Where would you find this text? eg. an article in a newspaper (sports section)
WATCH THIS VIDEO:
Email Writing Exercise - Slip! Slop! Slap!:
Write about the CONTEXT / PURPOSE / TONE / INFORMATION given / MESSAGE and your OPINION of the Slip! Slop! Slap! Advertisement that appeared on Australian Television in the early 1980s.
Send me an email (click on the little email icon below and use the form to write your response or use your GMAIL account)