Level 2+ : WRITE AN INFORMATION TEXT (PROCEDURES) ANCIENT EGYPTIAN MUMMIES
What do you know about Ancient Egypt? Do you believe in life after death?
The ancient Egyptians were very sophisticated people. They buried their dead in a special way to help them get safely to the afterlife. They made "mummies".
Download the story Tombs and Mummies
1. Read the story and answer the questions in your book. Use your dictionary for any new vocabulary.
LEVEL 2+ : GRAMMAR REVIEW:
We use the IMPERATIVE for giving instructions (exercises 1 -6)
We use the PASSIVE VOICE for explaining a process
or procedure (exercises 1 - 7)
What is your favourite sandwich? What ingredients do you need? How do you make it? Share your sandwich recipe with a friend. Tell the rest of the class or another person about your friend's favourite sandwich.
Level 1 and 2+ : Mr. Bean Makes a Sandwich
Watch the Mr. Bean video.
How did he make his sandwich?
What ingredients did he use?
Level 1 : SPEAKING : HOW TO MAKE A DAGWOOD SANDWICH
Look at this picture with your friend.
1. List the ingredients
2. Download this worksheet and complete
Level 2+ : Listening ... My Favourite Sandwich
1. What are the two types of sandwich the speaker likes most?
2. What does a Foccacia have in the middle?
3. How do you heat up a Foccacia?
4. What is good to drink with a Foccacia?
5. What type of bread do use to make a Lebanese roll?
6. What is the speaker's opinion of the Lebanese roll?
Or Download a PRACTICE MULTIPLE CHOICE test
STUDENT SANDWICH RECIPES
Listen to these recipes by Level 1 and Level 2 students on VOXOPOP.